- That of the 7 million inhabitants of Israel, 20% or 1.4million are Arab.
- Israel has the only parliamentary democracy in the Middle East.
- That Jews and Muslims have more in common that they have differences.
- Israeli Arabs and Druze serve in the Israeli Defense Force (IDF)
- The Israeli army is called the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) as they are an army of defense not offense. To ensure its success, the IDF's doctrine at the strategic level is defensive, while its tactics are offensive. Given the country's lack of territorial depth, the IDF must take initiative when deemed necessary and, if attacked, to quickly transfer the battleground to the enemy's land.
- Arab citizens of Israel are full citizens under the law and enjoy the same civil rights as other citizens.
- Arabs in Israel have equal voting rights; in fact, it is one of the few places in the Middle East where Arab women may vote.
- Arabic, like Hebrew, is an official language in Israel.
- Today, within Israel, Jews are a majority, but the Arab minority are full citizens who enjoy equal rights. Arabs are represented in the Knesset, and have served in the Cabinet, high-level foreign ministry posts (e.g., Ambassador to Finland) and on the Supreme Court.
- Compared to the 12.8 million Jews in the world there are 1.46 billion Muslims.
- For every Jew in the world, there are 114+ Muslims.
- In the world population one in 468 people are Jewish; one in 3 are Christian; one in four people are Muslim.
- Jews represent 0.2% of the world population. Muslims represent 25%.
- You could walk from the West Bank to the Mediterranean in 2.5 hours. Yes, walk.
- You can drive from the Syrian border to the Haifa and the Mediterranean in one hour if you observe the speed limit.
- A fighter-jet can travel the same distance in 2 minutes or 120 seconds.
- The same fighter-jet could go from Elat in the south of Israel the whole way north to the border with Lebanon in 11.5 minutes.
- During the course of World War II, 550,000 men and women of Jewish faith served in every branch of the armed forces of the United States.
- Major cities with largest Jewish populations are Tel Aviv (2.5m), New York (1.6m). Haifa (0.66m), Los Angeles (0.62m). And the smallest? Dublin, Ireland with 1,790.
- Young men from the age of 18 to 21 are required to serve in the IDF for 36 months.
- Young women from the age of 18 to 20 are required to serve in the IDF for 21 months.
- Israeli Men up to age 51 serve up to 39 days a year
- The Arab countries that surround Israel have a land area 640 times that of Israel.
- Iran has 76 times the land area of Israel.
- France has 25 times the land area of Israel.
- Texas 32 times the land area of Israel
- United Kingdom has 11 times the land area of Israel.
- Israel protects and makes access available to holy sites from all religions; Christian, Muslim and Jewish.
When you visit Hebron – the burial place of Abraham, his wife Sarah and their family - the starting point of the 4,000-year history of the Jews, ask yourself: where are all the people who once held this place? Where are the Canaanites? The Edomites? The ancient Hellenes, the Romans, the Byzantines, the Franks, the Mamluks, the Ottomans, the British? They have vanished forever into the mists of time. But the Jews are still in Hebron.
A History of the Jews: P Johnson